COVID-19 Coronavirus Safety Procedure for all Driver Training
We take the safety of our instructors and customers extremely seriously. From 19 July 2021 the following procedures will apply.
- Before your scheduled lesson
You must contact us if you have experienced any of the main three symptoms of the virus in the last 14 days.
- High temperature
- New or persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have experienced any of the three symptoms or you have been in close contact with anyone that has, THE LESSON MUST NOT GO AHEAD. We will not be able to teach you for 14 days. This is for everyone’s safety.
We encourage all of our customers to take a rapid lateral flow test on the day of your lesson, and bring the test result with you to the lesson. You can order these free of charge from the NHS.
- Immediately prior to your lesson and before you enter the tuition vehicle.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water as close to your lesson as possible. Your instructor will also supply antiviral hand gel.
- You are welcome to wear a face covering and our instructors will have face coverings for their own use as required. You should contact us immediately if you are exempt from wearing a mask for medical reasons.
- You may be asked to wear a face covering whilst in the vehicle, please bring one with you, we may not be able to conduct the session if not.
- If you wish to wear gloves, these should be put on before entering the vehicle and used only once. We do not allow you to wear used gloves.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as the vehicle windows will be open more than normal.
- During the lesson:
- Please bring a face covering to your lesson, you may be asked to wear one. Your training cannot go ahead if you don’t have a face covering to wear when asked and you will lose your fee. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are exempt from wearing a face covering and we will attempt to place you with an instructor that is ok with that.
- Vehicles are always kept clean inside. You are welcome to clean any touch points before/during/after the lesson.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into your elbow – NOT your hand. Persistent coughing will result in the lesson being halted immediately.
- Face coverings must be worn during driving tests. You should contact us as soon as possible if you are exempt from wearing a face covering as we need to make special arrangements for your test. Your driving test may not go ahead if you do not notify us of an exemption to wearing a mask at least 2 weeks before.
- You are advised to wash your hands as soon as possible after the lesson. We have antiviral gel available if you wish.
Should you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 safety procedure, you are very welcome to contact customer services to clarify or seek reassurance.
We thank you for your continued support.