COVID-19 Coronavirus Safety Procedure for all Driver Training
We take the safety of our instructors and customers extremely seriously. We are limiting the amount of lessons conducted each day to reduce exposure and allow extra time for cleaning. This may mean a longer than usual wait for lessons.
We will be adhering to the government and industry guidelines to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
- The day before your scheduled lesson
You will receive a call or text from us asking if you have experienced any of the main three symptoms of the virus.
- High temperature
- New or persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have experienced any of the three symptoms or you have been in close contact with anyone that has, or you do not reply, THE LESSON MUST NOT GO AHEAD. We will not be able to teach you for 14 days or until you provide a negative COVID. This is for everyone’s safety.
- Immediately prior to your lesson and before you enter the tuition vehicle.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water as close to your lesson as possible. Your instructor will also supply antiviral hand gel which must be used at the start of the lesson.
- You will once again be asked if you have experienced any of the symptoms.
- You will have your temperature taken. The lesson will not go ahead if your temperature is above 38 degrees. For your peace of mind your instructor will also take their own temperature and show you the result.
- Please bring your own face covering or mask that provides a level of protection that you are happy with.
- Our instructors will have masks/visors for their own use as required.
- If you wish to wear gloves, these should be put on before entering the vehicle and used only once. We do not allow you to wear used gloves.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as the vehicle windows will be kept partially open.
- Lesson Preparation.
Your instructor will clean the vehicle with an ANTI VIRUS Solution before EVERY lesson.
- Door handles, inside and out
- Windows and mirror controls
- Seat and head restraints adjustment points
- Seatbelts and their connections
- Gear lever and hand brake
- Steering wheel
- Indicator and wiper stalks
- Light and wiper switches
- Car keys
- Sun visor
- Bonnet release handle, inside and out
- Training resources such as visual aids
- Any other touch points
You are welcome to clean any touch points yourself before/during/after the lesson for your own peace of mind if you would like to.
Your Instructor will clean their hands with a sanitiser before and after each lesson.
- During the lesson:
- Face to face conversations will be avoided as much as possible
- Physical contact with any training aids will be minimised and these will also be sanitised before each new lesson
- You will be asked to hold up your licence so your instructor can record the details (first lesson only)
- If you need to sneeze or cough, please do so into your elbow – NOT your hand. Persistent coughing will result in the lesson being halted immediately.
- Please avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- After your lesson:
You are advised to wash your hands as soon as possible. (Your instructor will make an antiviral gel available if you wish)
Should you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 safety procedure, you are very welcome to contact customer services to clarify or seek reassurance.
We thank you for your continued support.